SCOM Insight – Installation
SCOM Insight is licensed by management group. A licence is required for each management group that you wish to connect to, and a separate installation of SCOM Insight is required to connect to each management group (although you may run more than one instance on a web server, if required).
SCOM Insight carries no restrictions on the number of users that may use the application, nor on the number of pages (views) that can be created.
To obtain a trial licence or to purchase a full licence, please visit the sales site.
A guide is available on upgrading from a trial licence or renewing your existing licence.
For the web server that is to host SCOM Insight:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, 2012 (R2), 2016, or later;
- .NET 4.7 or later.
Windows Server Core is supported.
The following components of IIS are required:
- HTTP Errors;
- Static Content;
- ASP.NET (4.5+); and
- Windows Authentication.
The following browsers are supported:
- Internet Explorer 11;
- Firefox 44, or higher;
- Chrome 49, or higher; and
- Safari 10.1 or higher.
SCOM Insight requires access to an instance of SQL Server 2008 or later for a small database of <100 MiB. SQL Server Express is supported. SQL Server doesn't have to be installed on the web server; an existing or new instance on another server can be used.
SCOM Insight is compatible with System Center 2012 Operations Manager and later (including 2012 R2, 2016, 1801 and 1807).
The Operations Manager console must be installed on the web server that is to host SCOM Insight. This is so that the binaries required to access SCOM are made available.
For clarity, this is the desktop console, not the web console.
|✓||A free 60-day trial is available.|
Application pool service account
A standard domain user account is required for the IIS application pool. This account must have:
- Standard user permissions on the web server.
- Read-only access to SCOM.
- For the database, either:
- grant the account
dbcreatorrights to SQL Server, in which case the database will be created automatically; or
- manually create a blank database (e.g.
SCOMInsight) and assign the account
db_ownerpermissions to it.
- grant the account
- Run the installation MSI on an appropriate server.
- Read and accept the end-user licence agreement.
- Choose a directory to which to install SCOM Insight.
- Enter the name of a SCOM management server, a SQL server instance and a database for SCOM Insight, and for the account to be used by the application pool in IIS.
If the database doesn't exist, the installer will attempt to create it for you.
- Provide the location of the licence file for the management group to which you are connecting. This will be copied to the installation directory for use by the application.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
You may be prompted for an account with local administrative rights.
- Wait for the installation to complete. This may take a few minutes, as part of the process is to install a small management pack to SCOM (
SCOM Insight (Views)) and to populate the groups it contains.
- When complete, if a browser is available, the installer will open SCOM Insight, which is given the default binding of
When SCOM Insight is first loaded in a browser, it may still be in the process of obtaining data from SCOM, and consequently there may be no information to display, and a message similar to that below will be presented.
Optional post-installation steps
- Change the binding in IIS from the default (
http://localhost:7180/); for example, to enable HTTPS.
- Add an inbound rule to the Windows firewall to allow remote clients to connect to SCOM Insight.
- See SCOM Insight – Configuration.
|✓||Configuring HTTPS is recommended, to encrypt usernames, passwords, and the data presented by SCOM Insight.|
|✓||Changing the URL (or using a reverse proxy) is recommended, to make the application more easily accessible to your users. For example, you may wish to set up a record in your internal DNS to make the applicataion available at
If you experience any difficulties during the installation process, please see the Troubleshooting page.